Monday, January 28, 2013

Peeving Out: 1

Today, in this epic edition of Peeving Out, I am going to let you in on one of my major peeves of the internet: Taking credit for something that you didn't create. You might be asking yourself what exactly that means, you edited the template to death and redid all the graphics to suit your liking - that makes it yours. Nope, try again there buddy. Still not yours. Did you build the framework? Did you design every aspect of your blog? Did you make those social media icons, or did you download from a freebie section of a website? Why the hush hush about where you found your resources? You might be wondering what brought this on. Why now Ashley? Why call people out? I was browsing through blogs, which I do almost daily, and I stumbled upon a website - I recognized the framework, but noticed the credit links in the footer had been removed. So, I navigated to the "Site/Domain" page of the website to check to see what child theme they used, alas no credit given at all. Funny enough? They have their own blog designing website where you can buy themes from them. Image2   I mean really? How hard is it to give credit to someone who deserves it? I love using the Genesis Framework, and all the great options that come along with it. I also have a clear credit list under domain. Also, the ridiculous thing is, it doesn't make you less of a designer if you do use framework! Most companies who offered frameworks offer a license you can register and sell themes built with their framework! If you're going to use the framework for your personal use or professional, please give credit where it is due. Most places, like StudioPress, built the framework to be used, all they ask for is a little credit for giving you some awesome tools to succeed with. I wish you all the best of luck in your future design endeavors, you're going no where with that 'tude.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim