Thursday, March 1, 2012

Health and Fitness

So over the past couple of months I have noticed my body changing into something I wasn't proud of. I have never really been one of those people who had to work for a good body. That makes me sound bad, or I feel like it does, but it's true - I could eat whatever I wanted and not really have to worry about gaining weight in the wrong places. Even shortly after having V I was pretty much back to my normal pant size and within a month or so you could barely tell I had a baby. But that's changing, I'm getting a pouch on my stomach, and my thighs are getting huge, and let's not even talk about my ass. So unlike some people, I'm not going to complain, instead I have put focus on eating better for more energy, and being able to burn calories while working out. I have started the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels and I am on Level 2 of her work out, after I finish this, I am going straight into insanity.


I'm going to try to keep a record of my body changing over the next little bit until I feel comfortable with what I have. This is my starting point, the day I started the 30 Day Shred. I always feel awkward standing in these pictures! How the heck am I supposed to hold my arms? Haha.

I also had no idea how cheap it was to eat healthier, a lot of people complain about the price of "healthier" food in contrast to I assume "non-healthy" food but honestly I went to the store last night and bought $35 dollars worth of groceries.


As you can see that's actually a LOT of groceries for that price. So don't ever say that eating healthy is too expensive because it's completely NOT true!

Do any of you guys work out and eat right? What's your favorite healthy snack and work out?

2 comments:

  1. I really want to start getting in shape not only for summer but my wedding as well. Like you I've just always had a naturally thin/toned body without having to do anything but that changed after Alyson and I would be embarrassed if I decided to go out and wear a bikini right now lol. Let me know how the 30 day shred works for you, I've been trying to convince David to upgrade our netflix account so I can rent it lol.

    Love, Jazmyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! Tomorrow I am actually going to start working out because I am totally feeling the same way. When I had my daughter I was breastfeeding and not eating a lot and was way TOO skinny. Now I stay at home all day and eat like a pig and I want to start eating healthier and whatnot. The problem is I never know what to eat that yummy AND healthy and whatnot! I can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim